Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
The course includes 3 dives but if you have completed your PADI Advanced Open Water course then this can be credited towards your Specialty.
- Be at least 10 years of age or older.
- Be PADI Junior / Open Water Diver or equivalent certification from other diving agency.
- Last dive not more than 9 months ago (otherwise a Refresher course is required).
- ** Your underwater navigation adventure dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course credits.
The PADI Underwater Navigator course can be completed in 2 days. The course consist of two parts “1 day theory and 3 adventure dives but if you have completed a wreck dive during your PADI Advanced Open Water course then this can be credited towards your Specialty.
|Theory||1 Classroom session||PDC Classroom||Sunday, Monday or Tuesday||Morning or Afternoon
Approximately 2 hours
|Adventure Dives||3 Sea Dives||Sealine Beach||Friday or Saturday||Morning
Approximately 5 hours
What You’ll Learn
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- How to estimate distance underwater
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Navigation patterns
- Compass navigation
- Underwater map making
- Dive site relocation
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.