The PADI Search and Recovery Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up. Find lost items and lift them to the surface. It’s fun to use the lift bag.
The course includes 4 dives but if you have completed a S&R dive during your PADI Advanced Open Water course then this can be credited towards your Specialty – this means that you only have to complete 3 dives.
The PADI Search and Recovery course can be completed in 3 days. The course consist of two parts “1 day theory and 4 adventure dives.
|Theory||1 Classroom Session||PDC Classroom||Sunday, Monday or Tuesday||Morning or Afternoon
Approximately 2 hours
|Adventure Dives||4 Sea Dives||Sealine Beach||Friday & Saturday||Morning
Approximately 5 hours
- What You’ll Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.